Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fun with Routers...

I have been working with my makeshift router table to start cutting the circular parts.  it has been frustrating because It is hard to find the exact spot to place the center of the circle so that the final routed product is the perfect size.  As a result I have had to repurpose my first few attempts at the body rings.  Luckily I needed to make smaller rings for my R5 dome so they could easily be salvaged.  So yesterday (Saturday April 9th 2011) I was in my garage cutting pieces.  Being overconfident, and just plain stupid, I didn't worry about clamping the board, that the router is attached to, to the table.  At one point I was trying to press the piece down flat as I was rotating it so it would cut right and the board flipped onto the floor.  In the process my forearm smacked into the spinning router blade.  Blood ensued.  Luckily it was only a surface wound and didn't require stitches because they would've been impossible to put on due to the nature of the wound.  It is shaped almist like a tear drop with multiple cuts that look like gills.

2 comments:

  1. On Sunday Quinn got 3 stitches on her knee. Ran into some bleachers at the park. She is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. I hope Quinn's injury won't become a bad scar.

    ReplyDelete